Walk as One
| | Sunday 3rd May 2020 | |
Cancer Changes everything. But so can you.
WALK AS ONE
To mark Weston Park’s 50th year, we’re inviting you to join us to Walk as One on 3rd May 2020 in Endcliffe Park.
Whether you take part in our 4 mile waterside walk or 10 mile challenge route, join us to raise funds, celebrate the hospital and enjoy a fun-filled day outdoors, together. For many, it’ll be a special chance to remember someone too, and to walk in their memory to help thousands of other families facing cancer.
Why Walk as One?
One in two of us will face cancer. That means that directly or indirectly, cancer will affect life for everybody. Now more than ever, working together, supporting each other and uniting to face cancer, really matters. That’s why we’re walking as one.
It’s why we promise patients and families who ask for our support that we’ll be together at every step, ready to help them through the many different challenges of cancer; practical, emotional and physical.
The funds that we raise through Walk as One will help us to deliver the kind of activity that is changing lives for people living with and beyond cancer:
- Providing support, through Weston Park Cancer Support, where patients and families can find emotional, practical support, help and guidance, a place to be and people to be with.
- Enabling vital research and clinical trials of global relevance, enabling our medical professionals to understand and treat cancer better, in a way that changes and saves lives.
- Enhancing treatments by delivering complementary therapies, improving the environment on wards and facilities for patients and visitors, to improve the experience and often the impact of treatment.
JUST CHOOSE THE WALK THAT SUITS YOU…
Walk the 4-mile waterside walk
- The walk is 4 miles along buggy and pram-friendly paths
- Entry is £15.00 per adult / £8.00 under 16s / Free to under-4s
- Walkers leave Endcliffe Park at 11am
A gentle four-mile route along the beautiful Porter Valley, our family friendly walk sets off from Endcliffe Park, looping through Bingham Park to Forge Dam and back, taking in some lovely spring scenery. The pushchair and pram-friendly path follows the babbling Porter Brook through the woods and parkland. On returning to Endcliffe Park we’ll keep you entertained, fed and refreshed all day long!
Or take the 10-mile challenge
- The challenge route is 10 miles across parks, woodland and fields
- Entry is £25.00 per adult / £15.00 under 16s
- Walkers leave Endcliffe Park at 9am
For those seeking a little more adventure, this 10-mile route heads through Endcliffe and Bingham Parks, along the brook-side path to Forge Dam and beyond to the beautiful woodlands at Ringinglow with plenty of chances to stop and rest, and we’ll provide refreshments along the way.
Crossing onto the moors of the Peak District and through Lady Cannings Plantations, the route heads past Whirlow Hall Farm and crosses the lush green fields back to Endcliffe Park where you can join the celebrations and enjoy a well-earned sense of achievement.
FREE limited-edition t-shirt!
As a special thank you, everyone who raises £50.00 or more, before the event, will receive a special 50th anniversary limited-edition t-shirt to proudly wear on the day and keep as a special souvenir.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS
If you don’t want to walk but still want to contribute, we are recruiting volunteers to help the event run smoothly. Whether you are a regular events volunteer or would like to make a one-off contribution your help will be greatly appreciated. Some of the roles for the event include route marshals, information stands and registration desk.
Register now: https://www.westonpark.org.uk/get-involved/volunteer/