Cancer support referral
With your help, we can ensure everyone in Sheffield living with cancer knows which support services they can access.
Our new referral pathway
We’re thrilled to introduce Sheffield Cancer Support – a network of wonderful organisations which have teamed up to coordinate cancer support services in Sheffield to make it quick and easy for people to get the help they need.
There is a wide range of cancer support available for anyone affected by cancer in Sheffield. That includes complementary therapies, welfare and legal advice, emotional support, financial support, advice about signs, symptoms or treatment, and so much more. We are here to help you get the right support for your patients.
All you need to do is get in touch with us to speak to a trained healthcare professional, who will explain what support is available.
When you refer someone to us we will ask you to complete a short questionnaire, on behalf of the patient you are caring for.
It will help you:
- Start a conversation about their holistic needs
- Identify a patient’s concerns
- Quickly and easily make a referral
- Signpost to multiple services in Sheffield, that will support patients
- Develop a personalised holistic care and support plan
It’s designed to save you time and give you extra support;
- We can provide additional support to your patients and their families
- We can answer their questions and provide reassurance for as long as they need, whatever stage in the pathway they’re at
- We can recommend a number of different services based on the answers on the questionnaire and a short discussion with the referred person
All our support services are free and available to anyone affected by cancer living in South Yorkshire, Bassetlaw or Derbyshire - not just Weston Park patients.
We work with a number of organisations across the region and will be happy to chat to you about the support your patient needs. Just give us a call or email us to find out how we can help every step of the way.
How we can help your patients
Find out about our free transport service for patients living in Barnsley, Chesterfield and Rotherham.
We have a range of cancer support services, both online and face-to-face for your patients.
When you make a referral to us, we signpost to a variety of different organisations and charities.