Cancer can bring about changes to your physical and mental health. We can advise you on how to manage any practical concerns you may have as a result of your diagnosis.
You may experience practical challenges.
Practical concerns may include:
- I worry about travel costs for my treatment
- I worry about the loss of independence and having to rely on others
- I have immediate, urgent financial concerns
- I’m experiencing changes in my physical appearance
- Who do I talk to? Where do I go for support?
- I feel alone and want to meet like-minded people
We can help you manage practical concerns.
We are here to support you through any of your practical concerns. We are here with you, together at every step – and can help you with:
- Free, safe, travel to your appointments – or cover for travel costs
- Provide Independent Living Support or advice
- Offer urgent hardship grants to cover essential costs
- Give you access to wellbeing workshops
- Provide a safe space for you to meet others in similar situations
Practical support from Weston Park Cancer Charity
Are you having cancer treatment and live in the Chesterfield area? If so, our transport service could provide you free, safe travel to and from Sheffield hospitals.
In partnership with Age UK Sheffield, we offer a three-month package of support to help you remain independent.
Are you struggling financially? We can help with things like household bills, childcare costs, mortgage payments and travel costs associated with cancer treatment.
Following a cancer diagnosis, there are a number of concerns you may have about travel and travel insurance. Find out how we can advise you.