Cavendish Cancer Care
Cavendish Cancer Care offer professional support for patients and members of the family affected by a diagnosis of cancer.
Cavendish Cancer Care work alongside the NHS and offer counselling, complementary therapies and a range of groups and courses. Support is provided at the main Centre on Wilkinson Street and can also be accessed online and by telephone.
Cavendish Cancer Care provide:
- A place where people can talk in confidence and share their feelings without the guilt orfear of upsetting someone.
- Physical, emotional and practical advice to help people feel more in control, more confident, and more able to cope.
- Support to those who are bereaved.
- A Young People’s Service - specialist support for children and young people between the ages of 4-18. Play Therapy, Art Therapy and counselling are currently available.
Courses and groups include:
- Nutrition Sessions - provide practical advice informed by current scientific research on common topics that may affect someone with a diagnosis of cancer.
- Better Sleep Programme - designed to help improve the quality and quantity of sleep.
- Relaxation Classes - simple yet deeply relaxing sessions can help ease muscle tension, reduce stress and improve your sense of wellbeing.
- Tap Away Stress - a self- help technique which can help to release tension and bring a sense of calm and relief.
- Chair Yoga - may help to relieve symptoms of stress, anxiety and lack of energy and promote increased flexibility, balance and reduce stiffness.
- Bereavement Group – introduces different themes related to bereavement which are addressed through movement and breath work, yoga, sound, story and imagery.
- Scanxiety Toolkit- A self-paced course to help lessen the burden and impact of cancer related anxiety.
They have a range of short, simple practices on their website for you to use at any time to help ease tension and stress and support your wellbeing.
Cancer Information Hub
The Cancer Information Hub is a drop-in centre providing information and support. It is based in the Moor Market in Sheffield City Centre and offers a safe and confidential place to have a conversation about cancer.
We can provide information about:
- Screening, prevention and signs and symptoms of cancer
- NHS and other support services available to you
The Information Hub is open Monday to Friday at 56 -58, The Moor Market, 77 The Moor, Sheffield S1 4PF.
Cavendish Cancer Buddies
People tell us it can be difficult to talk to others about how they are feeling.
Our Cancer Buddies are a group of trained volunteers who have either had cancer themselves or have cared for someone with cancer. Because they have been in a similar situation, they can understand what it is like to experience a cancer diagnosis.
They provide one-to-one telephone support for patients and family members for up to six months.
For further information about any of their services, please visit website: www.cavcare.org.uk