Take a look at our job opportunities in the marketing department. You could help raise awareness, promote our cancer support services and inspire people to get involved and support our cause.
We are seeking a proactive and experienced marketing professional who shares our values to join Weston Park Cancer Charity’s busy marketing team.
You will be working to successfully deliver our annual marketing campaigns, generating vital income and raising awareness of the services we provide, and you will lead on overall campaign strategy, design, production, and delivery.
If you are interested in progressing your marketing career within an organisation which makes a real difference to the lives of thousands of people, we’d love to hear from you.
Join the marketing team!
The pandemic has taught us so much. Whether that’s personally or professionally, we really know what matters most.
So, keep reading if you’re looking to mix things up and take on a new challenge…
Perhaps you already work in the third sector and are looking for that next step? Or maybe you want to dive into the sector and experience what it’s like to work for a mission-led organisation, where your opinion and the impact you’ll have, really matters.
You’ll be joining a small, fast-paced marketing and communications team, with opportunities to develop and progress and a high level of autonomy. You’ll also receive a great total rewards package as a thank you for everything you do.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be crucial to the charity’s success. As we continue to emerge from the pandemic, you’ll help raise awareness across the region, promote our cancer support services and inspire people to get involved and support our cause. You’ll be empowered to bring your energy and passion as we go from strength to strength.
There really is no such things as a normal day! You’ll enjoy a role with a huge amount of variety which could see you working on a number of things on any one day. For example, you could be;
- Briefing external freelancers – setting briefs and ensuring projects are delivered on time
- Co-ordinating the delivery of campaigns to raise awareness and funds – including email marketing and direct mail
- Writing brilliant copy for a variety of channels and audiences
- Increasing our presence online
- Producing marketing collateral such as reports or materials to promote our services
- Bringing our social media to life with engaging content
- Planning communications or marketing collateral for our next major event
- Refreshing our (relatively new!) website ensuring it enhances service delivery and showcases the work we do
- Learning more about the work we do by talking to supporters and clients, and deciding how we can share this with others – think PR, blogs, vlogs, podcasts and films!
- Increasing our profile through advertising
But what do you really mean and what difference does it make?
You’ll get to work with a great bunch of people. Whether that’s our colleagues at Weston Park Cancer Charity, community partners, NHS staff, freelancers, service users or supporters to name a few! We all unite to do more for the people we support.
- Your work could help someone get the transport they need to a potentially life-saving appointment, ensuring that travel is never a barrier to treatment
- You could help raise tens of thousands of pounds at our flagship events, so that we can continue to be there for the one in two people who will develop cancer
- You could inspire someone to reach out and get the cancer support they so desperately need, so that we can be there every step of the way from the moment they’re diagnosed
- You could help extend our outreach service, ensuring that where you live and who you are don’t stop you from accessing excellent cancer care
- You could even help someone access a ground-breaking clinical trial
- And, you’ll show people the difference we make and the impact it has on people like you and me
What skills are you looking for?
- Ability to act on own initiative and exercise judgement
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with various stakeholders
- Ability to work to deadline and prioritise your workload
- Strong content creation skills
- Passionate about the cause and delivering impactful work
At Weston Park Cancer Charity there are so many ways you can contribute to the marketing team. And whilst, we’re looking for some specific skills we appreciate that these can be very specialist and may put people off getting in touch. We would hope to see some evidence, experience or understanding of the skills mentioned (not necessarily all!). Most importantly, we’d love to hear from you, about the value you think you can add to our small, dynamic marketing team.
Want to learn more?
We’ve never needed brilliant people more! You can send your CV to
HR@wpcancercharity.org.uk or call Rebecca Simpson on 0114 553 3330 for an informal chat.
Together, we can achieve so much more. I hope you’ll join us.