Our Board of Trustees
Our trustees, listed below, have overall responsibility for the strategic direction and effective governance of Weston Park Cancer Charity.
- Niall Baker, Chair and Chair of Risk, Audit and Governance Committee
- Patricia Fisher B.Sc. (Hons) MB Ch.B. (Hons) MRCP FRCR, Consultant Clinical Oncologist, Member of the Treatment and Care Committee
- Robert Coleman, Emeritus Professor of Oedical oncology, Chair of the Research Committee
- Steve Wragg, Member of Finance and Resources Committee, Chair of Treatment and Care Committee
- David Bussue, Service Director for SACMHA Health & Social Care
- Tim Brazier, Managing Director at Thrive by Design
- Melinda Schofield, Regional Sales Director, Bauer Media Yorkshire
- Weston Park Cancer Charity Chair of the Board of Trustees; Chair of Risk, Audit and Governance Committee; and Partner at Irwin Mitchell
I am the Chair of Weston Park Cancer Charity’s Board of Trustees. All the trustees are volunteers and do not get paid; they give up their time and their expertise. My job is to garner them together to ensure that we act as one unitary board with a view to try to deliver the strategy.
Professor Robert Coleman
- Emeritus Professor of Medical Oncology (Cancer Medicine) at the University of Sheffield
I became a trustee for Weston Park Cancer Charity many years ago, initially representing the hospital and research teams and working with the charity to ensure funds were allocated fairly and appropriately to benefit our patients.
- Managing Director at Thrive by Design
I was lucky enough to get to know the charity while volunteering my time to support the marketing team with the website project back in 2018. I’m now particularly interested in helping the charity to understand how we can use digital technology to enhance the quality and accessibility of our services.
- Regional Sales Director, Bauer Media Yorkshire
I became a Trustee in autumn 2022 as I have family and friends who have all been supported by Weston Park, both the hospital and the charity. I see daily the work that the team does to help people across our region.
- Service Director for SACMHA Health & Social Care
I was attracted to becoming a Trustee of Weston Park Cancer Charity after meeting CEO, Emma Clarke, during lockdown. We explored how Weston Park Cancer Charity could reach out to more people and be more inclusive in respect of under-served communities.
- Ex-Chairman of Barnsley Hospital; Member of Finance and Resources Committee, Chair of Treatment and Care Committee
I’ve known Weston Park Cancer Charity all my life, and when I was approached to join the board I jumped at the chance to use my knowledge and skills to be able to help the charity develop, so that it in turn can help those that need support.
Dr Patricia M Fisher B.Sc. (Hons) MB Ch.B. (Hons) MRCP FRCR
- Consultant Clinical Oncologist; Clinical Director of the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Cancer Alliance
I’m a consultant Clinical Oncologist and I look after people with lung cancer. I’ve been working at Weston Park Hospital since April 1993 and as a Consultant Oncologist since September 1998.